The Council of Financial Planners (COFP) is a Not-For-Profit Society registered with Registrar of Societies, Bengaluru, under The Karnataka Societies Registration Act, 1960, with registration number DRB/SOR/235/13-14. Any individual, who is above 18 years, and has completed all modules of CFPCM Certification from Financial Planning Standards Board India (FPSBI) can become a member of the Council, subject to other terms and conditions.
The Council has following broad objectives
- To conduct professional training and continuing education programmes, seminars, workshops, conventions and such events for the benefit of the members, and including professionals and general public, in the area of personal finance.
- To represent and promote the interest of the members with the policy makers and the regulators.
- To conduct, or collaborate with other professional bodies and educational institutions for conducting, research and studies in the areas of personal finance.
- To work or co-ordinate with other professional bodies in spreading personal financial literacy.
- To publish newsletters, journals and allied literature in the area of personal finance.
All members of the Council are governed by a Code of Conduct and Ethics and they have to abide by and conform to the Code of Conduct and Ethics at all times.